How to make Christmas food | Main Course
Picture Credit: @Claudio Schwarz | @purzlbaum (from Unsplash)
Just like Chinese people eating dumplings during the Chinese New Year, turkey is almost a representative of Christmas dinner. This custom has lasted for more than 300 years and has a longer history than the United States. The stuffing stuffing in turkey is generally rusk, minced meat or vegetables such as onion, carrot and celery. The turkey symbolizes a good harvest and reunion, and gives a good wish for Christmas.
Picture Credit: @Сергей Орловский (from Unsplash)
As another choice for the main course, Christmas ham is also the star of the Christmas dinner. Christmas hams are usually roasted with whole hams, and there are many choices of sauces, which are cut off piece by piece when eating. Its preparation method is relatively simple, and even beginners can easily learn it. It is the best choice for novice chefs when preparing Christmas dinners.
How to make honey-glazed roasted ham
Ham 2000g, potatoes 1500g (cooked, cut into 4 parts), 8 apples (cut into 8 parts respectively), 2 tablespoons of honey 30ml, 2 tablespoons of oil 30ml, water 200ml, beer 200ml, French mustard 2 tablespoons 30g, cloves 20 Grains, 1 teaspoon 5g of salt, 2g 1/3 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
1. Put the ham in the steamer and steam for 1 hour, and cut the diagonal grid pattern on the surface.
2. Insert the cloves evenly into the grid pattern of the ham.
3. Put French mustard, beer (100ml) and honey in a bowl and mix well, then add black pepper, and use a brush to evenly brush the mustard juice on the honey-glazed ham, and the remaining juice will be used.
4. Put the oil and salt in a bowl and mix well, then add the cut potatoes and apples and mix evenly. Put the honey-glazed ham on the potatoes and apples, and put them in the baking dish.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, put the baking tray into the bottom of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, during which the remaining mustard juice is brushed on the ham, potatoes and apples every 10 minutes.
Picture Credit: @Emerson Vieira (from Unsplash)
Taking beef ribs as the main course of Christmas dinner is a more luxurious choice. Different from the usual fried steak, the Christmas dinner emphasizes the reunion atmosphere of sharing the food with the family, so the steak is also grilled in large pieces in the oven, and then cut piece by piece when eating.
The editor only talks about 3 main dishes series, in fact, the ingredients can be more innovative. But the editor still presents it to everyone in a classic way. In the next issue, we will talk about the Christmas side dish series, and we can discuss with us which side dish series we want to know. Let's discuss it together!
- Cherry Lee